Crockpot Apple Pie Casserole
Apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
Cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well to coat the apples evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, and cold butter. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Grease the crockpot with butter or cooking spray. Place half of the apple mixture into the crockpot, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining apples and crumb mixture.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Once cooked, let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Crockpot Apple Pie Casserole!