Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe for Crock Pot
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, 2 large
- Carrots, peeled and diced, 1 cup
- Celery, diced, 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped, 1 medium
- Garlic, minced, 3 cloves
- Chicken broth, low sodium, 6 cups
- Water, 2 cups
- Egg noodles, 2 cups
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Dried oregano, 1 teaspoon
- Dried thyme, 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaves, 2
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Ingredients List (for easy export):
Chicken breasts, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Chicken broth, Water, Egg noodles, Olive oil, Dried oregano, Dried thyme, Bay leaves, Salt, Black pepper, Fresh parsley
- Prep Vegetables and Chicken:
- Wash and peel the carrots, then dice them into small pieces.
- Wash the celery and chop it finely.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Measure the dried oregano and thyme.
- Grind fresh black pepper and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the diced chicken at the bottom.
- Add the prepared vegetables (carrots, celery, onion, garlic) on top of the chicken.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water.
- Add the measured dried oregano, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the egg noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Enjoy your comforting and delicious homemade chicken noodle soup!