November 14, 2023
Potatoes, peeled and diced
Ground black pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Transfer the cooked ground beef to a slow cooker.
- Add the chopped onion, shredded carrots, diced celery, minced garlic, diced potatoes, chicken broth, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and ground black pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and milk until well combined and free of lumps.
- Stir the flour and milk mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker again and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, until the soup has thickened.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream until melted and well combined.
- Serve the slow cooker cheeseburger soup hot, garnished with additional shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onions if desired.
Enjoy your slow cooker cheeseburger soup!