September 3, 2022
Crock Pot Beef Brisket Recipe
Beef brisket, trimmed
Ground black pepper
Apple cider vinegar
Liquid smoke (optional)
Garlic cloves, minced
Carrots, chopped (optional)
Potatoes, cubed (optional)
Step-by-Step Preparation and Cooking Guide:
- Prepare the Dry Rub: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, salt, and dried thyme. Mix well.
- Rub the Brisket: Pat the brisket dry with paper towels. Generously apply the dry rub all over the brisket, pressing it onto the surface to adhere.
- Prepare the Crock Pot: Place sliced onions at the bottom of the crock pot. This will act as a bed for the brisket.
- Add the Brisket: Place the rubbed brisket on top of the onions, fat side up.
- Prepare the Liquid Mixture: In a bowl, whisk together beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke (if using).
- Add Garlic and Bay Leaves: Scatter minced garlic and bay leaves around the brisket.
- Pour the Liquid Mixture: Gently pour the liquid mixture over the brisket.
- Optional Vegetables: If you want a one-pot meal, add chopped carrots and cubed potatoes around the brisket.
- Slow Cook: Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the brisket is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Rest the Brisket: Carefully remove the brisket from the crock pot and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice or Shred: Slice against the grain for more structured pieces or shred the brisket with forks for a pulled beef style.
- Serve: Serve the beef brisket with the cooking juices, onions, and vegetables if used. It pairs well with mashed potatoes, rice, or on a sandwich.
- Enjoy: Savor the tender, flavorful beef brisket that has been slowly cooked to perfection.
This beef brisket recipe ensures a delicious, succulent meal with minimal active preparation time, letting the crock pot do most of the work.